Pony Club Young Coach of the Year
Young Coach of the Year – to Nationally recognise and acknowledge Young Coaches who are following the ECTP pathway and display the qualities that will positively influence riders.
Criteria for Young Coach of the Year – may include but is not limited to:
- Riding or Adult member of NZPCA
- aged between 18 years and under 25 years
- is enrolled in ECTP or has an ECTP qualification
- is actively coaching at Pony Club
- actively inspires young riders to improve their riding and horse mastership
- exemplifies the ideal Role Model of a Coach
How does it work?
• Branches and Clubs without branches fill one nomination form and send it to their Area by a set date. (To be advised by Area to Branches).
• Nominations to be sent in on the official nomination form (no additional information is to be attached.)
• Areas may choose one nominations to go forward to NZPCA for Coach of the Year recognition.
• Area Chairperson / Secretary to sign and forward the forms to NZPCA by 1st April each year
Note: All questions on the nomination form are to be completed
The winner will be awarded annually at Coaches Conference and recognized in the NZPCA annual Report. There will be a Perpetual Shield and an individual presentation for the Young Coach of the Year to retain. The winner should be encouraged to be present at Coaches Conference awards dinner. Note: All final Area nominations will be recognised.
• Areas are encouraged to recognise their own nominated coaches, profile them in local newspapers, announce them at pony club events, etc.
• If the recipient is not in attendance, a representative from their Area will take the National award from Coaches Conference and the Area will arrange a suitable occasion for the presentation.